- Short Film Category
- Documentary Film Category
- To aid the Board of Judges in properly identifying the names of the artists, directors, technical staff and crew and to develop our filmmakers’ skills in packaging & making posters which are very important aspects of the filmmaking industry, we have added three (3) special categories, namely:
Entries must be submitted in hard copies and soft copies (in DVD format).
WHO MAY JOIN?
- Short Film Category – Open to all Catholic filmmakers (commercial or non-commercial, amateurs and professionals) in all countries.
- Documentary Film Category – Open to filmmakers (commercial or non-commercial, amateurs and professionals) in the Philippines.
Interested parties must be able to submit the following, on or before 5:00 PM, Friday, 15 January 2016 to:
RON HERI “RONNIE” S. TAN
Sinulog 2016 Short Film Festival Committee
Sinulog Foundation Office
Ground Floor, Cebu City Sports Center
R. Landon St., Sambag II, Cebu City
6000 Cebu, Philippines
- Duly accomplished application form
- Brief resume
- Two (2) recent 2×2 photos of the filmmaker/s
- Registration fee:
Php 1, 500.00 – if paid between Dec. 1 to Dec. 31, 2015
Php 1, 800.00 – if paid between Jan. 1 to Jan. 15, 2016
upon submission of the above-mentioned requirements.
Registration fee may be paid in cash, or in check, payable to the Sinulog Foundation, Inc. or thru our on-line registration, at www.sinulog.ph/online payment button/[email protected] upon registration. An official receipt from the Sinulog Foundation Office or e-receipt (if thru on-line payment) will be issued accordingly.
Note: The Sinulog Foundation Office will provide Official Identification Cards (IDs) for the participants to wear while filming scenes during Sinulog events, especially during the Grand Parade. This is for security and identification purposes.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Themes should be as follows:
The Short Film Category should adopt the International Eucharistic Congress’ very own theme: “Christ in You, Our Hope of Glory” (Col 1:27). Like the aims of the International Eucharistic Congress, the short film must:
- promote awareness of the central place of the Eucharist in the life and mission of the Catholic Church;
- help and improve our understanding and our celebration of the liturgy; and
- draw attention to the social dimension of the Eucharist.
The Documentary Film category is open to all subjects/topics related to the general theme of the Sinulog celebration.
- All entries must be completely original and independently produced. Entries that have been previously exhibited in any public screening will be considered NOT qualified.
- Music used must be original, licensed, or in public domain.
- All entries must be in digital video format (i.e. digital editing and post-production).
- The minimum running time of the short film is five (5) minutes, and the maximum is fifteen (15) minutes. Every minute excess in the duration will have an equivalent score deduction of 5 points.
- Entries using Cebuano and other non-English languages must have English subtitles.
- For joint directorial efforts, the filmmakers must assign a single representative. The organizing committee shall not be held responsible for any controversy that might ensue amongst the partners with regards to this competition.
- The Sinulog 2016 Short Film Festival Secretariatwill ensure the safety of the films throughout the period in which cinematographic materials are in its custody. In case of print loss or damage, Sinulog Foundation, Inc.is obligated only for the cost of replacing the damaged DVD.Thus we advise the participants to keep an extra copy / copies for replacement in such situation.
- DVD shipments to the Sinulog 2016 Short Film Festival Secretariat must be prepaid. The organizing office shall not accept any collect shipments of the entry.
- Sinulog Foundation, Inc. – the organizer of this event – reserves all intellectual rights to show and distribute all entries in their perpetuity.
Entries should be submitted to the Sinulog 2016 Short Film Festival Secretariat.
Outputs (3 copies in DVD format playable in DVD player) should be enclosed in a short brown envelop,
with the following label on a short bond paper on the back cover:
- title of the Short Film
- production company or name of group/association
- full name/s of director/s and technical/artistic crew
- full names of casts with corresponding characters
- full name/s of the producer/s
- contact number/s of the filmmaker/s
- running time
Short Film Category – on or before January 21, 2016, Monday, 12NOON
Documentary Film Category – on or before January 21, 2016, Monday, 12NOON
AWARDING/DECLARATION OF WINNERS
- A maximum of eight (8) finalists will be chosen among the qualified entries per category.
- Those who have submitted their entries will be required to attend the public screenings of all finalists at 1PM and Announcement of Winners and Grand Awarding at 6PM on February 7, 2015 at the SM City Cinema.
- The decision of the Board of Judges shall be deemed final and should be regarded with respect and cordiality.